This weekend is sure to be filled with family, food and of course, fireworks! Make the most of your long weekend by checking out some of the great events going on right here in our city.
1. For a pre-4th fireworks show head to First Assembly Community Ministries at Dusk on Saturday, July 2nd for a free community event celebrating our nations independence. There will be something for the whole family including interactive shows, music, games, vendors, inflatables and fireworks!
2. Head to Riehle Plaza on Monday for a special July 4th addition of their free concert series starting at 7pm. The Purdue Summer Jazz Band will kick off the concert. Come out and enjoy Glenn Miller classics such as, “Johnson Rag,” “Glen Island Special,” and “American Patrol.” Bring a chair and enjoy a night of great music by the Purdue Summer Jazz Band, as well as the Lafayette Citizen’s Band.
3. If you feel like traveling, take a mini road trip to Delphi for their Canal Days Festival! This event is taking place on July 2nd and 3rd from 10am from 4pm. Celebrate Independence Day with food, fun and historical experiences. Saturday 10 a.m. is Delphi Lions Club’s Street Parade. Canal Boat rides, museum and Case House require a ticket. Park access and other events, displays, craft demonstrations are free.
4. Break a sweat and give back to the community at A Run To Remember at The Indiana Veterans Home on July 2nd from 8-12pm. Bring your friends and family along for this fun event. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. in the IVH Shelter and there is a $25 entry fee.
5. For the main event this weekend, head to Tapawingo Park on Monday for the annual Stars and Stripes Fireworks show at dusk.
Enjoy your long weekend and hopefully you will make some amazing memories! If you attend any of these happenings, use our form to leave a comment and let us know how it was!
Join our mailing list – hear about our contests and local news and events!